AHA BLS Instructor Renewal
The AHA BLS Instructor Renewal course evaluates the methods of instruction needed to effectively conduct resuscitation courses. In order to attend this course, instructors must have current AHA BLS Instructor status and meet the instructor renewal criteria as outlined by the AHA Program Administration Manual. If you are not affiliated with Heartsavers Training Center, please provide approval from your current Training Center to attend this course.
Note: Upon completion of the course students are issued an AHA BLS Instructor card valid for two years. Heartsavers is an approved AHA Training Center.
AHA Program Administration
The BLS Instructor Renewal Course is designed to assist American Heart Association (AHA) BLS instructors maintain current instructor status.
Prerequisites for BLS Instructor Renewal Course
- A CURRENT AHA BLS Instructor Card
- Attend updates as required within the previous 2 years.
- Be monitored while teaching before instructor status expiration. The first monitoring after the initial instructor course does not satisfy this requirement. You must provide your completed Instructor Monitoring Form with registration.
- You must also complete 4 classes in your 2 year certification period to complete your renewal
During Class Students must:
- Successfully demonstrate all provider skills
- Successfully complete the provider written examination
- Successfully complete the instructor written examination